Monday, May 4, 2009

April

I haven't done as good of a job as I wanted to in keeping up with my blog so here is a quick over- view of our April.



We started April with a quick trip to Idaho and Spring break. We had hoped to do something fun with the kids over spring break but it was raining and snowing the whole week. Their spring break was a week or so before most of the other districts spring break so it was just a cold week.



Next we had Easter. Here are some pictures of the kids dying eggs.



Here is the finished product- This year we made glitter eggs. They were really pretty but they were a big mess. I don't think we will do this kind again!



I realized after the easter egg hunt that I hadn't taken any pictures. I also remembered Sunday night that I didn't take any pictures of my kids in their Easter dresses. They had matching dresses this year. I thought they looked really cute but Savannah wasn't happy. Maybe it is the age. When Christena was 8 she didn't want to match her sisters either, this year Savannah was the only one who didn't want to match, so she got stuck in a matching dress so she wouldn't be the only one not the same.



Next in our month we had Olyvia's 6th birthday. We asked her what she wanted for her birthday and she said she wanted a MP3 player, her training wheels off her bike or roller skates.

She got the MP3 player. We also got her the Hannah Montana movie Soundtrack. The Saturday after her birthday Olyvia and I went to the Hannah Montana movie and out to dinner. We had planned on going before her birthday but the whole week before our house was filled with sick kids. We finally have all gotten well!


Olyvia wanted a flower birthday cake this year so we borrowed her Aunt Tonja's flower pan. It was one of the easiest cakes I have decorated for a while.On the 24th my niece Kirsten got married so we had fun getting together with all of my family and getting to see them. My kids always love getting together with their cousins. Again I didn't remember to take my camera, so I have no pictures of the cousins all dancing together.


On April 22, my grandpa Byington passed away. He was almost 88 years old and had Parkinson's disease, so our month ended with another trip to Idaho for the viewing and funeral.

Funerals are never fun but it was nice to see my cousins that I haven't seen for a while and my sister Doreen was able to come from South Carolina with her 18 month old daughter. It was nice to have all the family there.

Jake also finished his first semester back at school. He has a break now until the last week of May when he has to go to Logan for the week and then his Summer class starts in June. School was an adjustment but hopefully Jake is now back in the swing of things. He is still waiting for one of his grades, but overall it was a good semester!












3 comments:

Mr. and Mrs. Hansen said...

Debra I had know idea your grandpa died. I'm sorry. I know you all kind of knew it was coming you just didn't know when, but it is always still a sad thing.

Denise said...

sounds like Olyvia have a great birthday, can you believe she is 6? I'm sorry to hear about your grandfather.
Hey, guess who was just made Relief Society President? Yes, that would be ME.
Tell the girls hello from us.

Trisha said...

Hello, is this thing on?? Where are you ; )