Thursday, April 22, 2010

The Road to ...

You know how they say that the road to h*%$ is paved with good intentions? That's the way I have felt lately about this blog. I have been meaning to update for the past 6 or 7 months but its kind of like writing in my journal. The longer I go without updating the more I have to write and I just don't know where to start.

First of all the most major thing that has happened in the last year is...

We built a house!


Here's the hole for when they first started on the house.
Next- getting closer to being done.

Last- finally finished. We moved in on January 23. We are so glad to be in our new home. We are still getting settled and everything is still kind of a work in progress. I'd say I'll put pictures of the inside up on the blog- but based on my record, no promises.

Our basement isn't finished so Jake and his Dad have been working hard for the last 3 Thursdays and they are quickly getting the framing done. They have 4 walls up so far and hopefully now that they have most of the planning done it should go pretty quickly. We are keeping our fingers crossed and the girls are really hoping because as soon as the basement is done they will all have their own rooms. I'm looking forward to it being finished, hoping the girls won't fight as much if they have their own space and I get a sewing room, so I no longer have to sew on my kitchen table.

And now some random pictures of the last 6 months or so : (sorry for the sideways pictures, I thought I had them turned before I uploaded them.)

Juliana on Halloween isn't she such a cute clown. It was the perfect costume for her because she always makes a laugh. She is such a goof!

Christena, Savannah and Olyvia all got guitars from Santa . They were very surprised and excited. Savannah had been asking for a guitar for the past year. Her new teacher gives guitar lessons to her and Christena- for free. It is part of the after school program at the school.
Just after Christmas Christena and Olyvia were in a play put on by the Missoula Children's Theater. It was a week long production. They auditioned on Monday, practiced all week and did two performances on Saturday. The play was The Princess and the Pea. Christena was a "Big Blizzard Bringer" and Olyvia was a "dust bunny." she is in the middle of the picture below. They are doing the "Dust Bunny Hop."
Another great thing we have found since we moved is a great ballet class for Olyvia. I think she is learning a lot, but the thing I like best is the price. Her teacher is the daughter of our Bishop and she only charges $5 a month! There are only 3 girls in the class and she has class for an hour once a week. She is always very excited to come home and show us all the new things she has learned.

Just after we moved and the kids started at their new school Christena's class did a wax museum. She had about a week to read a biography and get her presentation ready. She was Eleanor Roosevelt. She learned some really cool facts and found some great quotes that she wants to put up in her room once it is finished. She hated the costume I made her wear- but I thought it looked good, and hey what are mom's for!
Anyway that' s been our lives for the last year. I really will try to do better about keeping everyone updated on our lives. It has been a crazy year with no signs of all the chaos ending, but it has been a fun one!

4 comments:

Mr. and Mrs. Hansen said...

Wow do you live far away now or am I just out of the loop, guitar lessons and ballet lessons! Yea! I'm super excited. Tell your girls I'll be expecting performances. Aunt Kellie has to know mom's 5 dollars a month isn't being wasted! :)

Dacia said...

congrats on the new home! That's so exciting!

Denise said...

congrats on the new home. Your girls have grown as much as mine have. They are getting so big

BAja said...

https://www.cekaja.com/info/kartu-kredit-cashback-terbaik