Sunday, June 8, 2008

Calling in Stupid!

This week has been a little crazy! Tuesday was supposed to be the last day of me working at Alta View Elementary, but I encountered a little glitch in my plans.

Christena and Savannah were going to come to work with me so they would be able to see their friends from their old school and Olyvia and Juliana were going to go to my friend Rachel's house like they did every Tuesday. Tuesday's I also have to drop of my hats for the week at Hat's with Heart, so I usually do that on my way to work. Things have a way of not going as planned, however.

Tuesday morning we all got up and dressed and at 10:15 we were ready to go. I went into my room to grab the keys while the kids all headed to the car, only to find my keys were not where I had left them the night before!

I knew I had put my keys on top of the armoire in my bedroom the night before when I went in to change into my pajamas but they weren't there. I looked around the armoire to see if they had fallen on the floor and looked underneath to see if they had been kicked underneath-nothing. 15 minutes more of frantic searching I called Jake to see if he had taken them, or moved them or had any idea where they may have gone- of course he hadn't seen them either, but asked if I may have left them out in the garage the night before when I went to get somethings out. The only problem-we had a lock on the garage and the key was on my key ring! I tried to cut the lock off, but only had little wire cutters-didn't work. Next I tried to take the bolt off the garage- all I succeeded in doing was rounding off the bolt. 30 minutes later, after calling in to work to tell them I was going to be late- I headed back inside for another shot at my bedroom. This time I cleared everything off the top of my dresser and under and around it. When by 11:15 I still hadn't found my keys I called Jake again and he said he would leave work and come home to open the garage.

After he opened the garage we found...nothing! He came inside and helped to look for the keys. About an hour later ta-da...

My keys! (sorry the picture is sideways)

Jake said he had got to thinking where I may have put my keys if I hadn't put them on the armoire like I said (and still insist) that I had put them, and he figured I may have dropped them on the bed.

He had to sift through all of the other stuff we had thrown on the bed in our frantic search, and there under a blanket was my keys! They had to have been there all night!

At this point it was already 12:15 I was supposed to get off work at 1:00. Factor in the 15 minutes it takes for me to drive there, I didn't make it. So instead I called in stupid and got to work on Wednesday instead. On the plus side that meant there were no kids to have to fight with!

No comments: