Sunday, June 1, 2008

Summer is here!

The kids are finally done with school! Yea! Friday the 30th was there last day. All day SaturdayChristena was saying "I am now officially a 4th grader!" she is a little excited. I can't believe how fast these girls are growing up. Friday and Saturday Christena and Savannah spent the day alternately on the phone with their friends. I finally had to kick Christena off the phone and Jake said he is going to set a time limit for how long they can talk. Christena is already worried about next fall and whether the boy she likes is going to be in her class next fall and if he will like her or not. She's not even 9 yet! I am dreading her becoming a teenager!

Last Tuesday was my 29th birthday- I figured I can admit to my age since I am still under 30. My kids informed me you are not old until you hit 30 (Sorry for everyone over this age!) They also said that 30 is old but 40 is officially old. I haven't figured out what happens after 40!

Savannah insisted on making my birthday cake. So I baked it before I went to work so it had time to cool and after Jake came home from work he helped her to make the frosting. Savannah wanted to do all the decorating herself and kept sending Jake out of the kitchen.

Here is the finished product-

They realized after they were done that they wrote on the cake upside down from the pictures. The pink picture is a cake and the green picture is a frog! Savannah did a great job!

Here is me with a few of my birthday gifts! These two are from Jake. The girls all gave me earrings.

This picture is one Jake snapped of Juliana doing her favorite past time...

Picking her nose! Everytime we tell her to stop she laughs and tries to stick her finger further up her nose- She does at least ask for a tissue when she is done!

1 comment:

Dacia said...

Looks like you had a good birthday! I guess I've been old for a few years now, according to your kids. When I was little I used to think the same thing about people over 30. Now, I think my opinion has changed some.